Friday, July 15, 2005

Thursday night

I'm Robin the other half of beerandchicken, Ade has added the previous posts. Thursday was another worky drinks do. We then went to the pub which significantly raised the cottage visit probability. I figured earlier that each pint consumed raises the chance of getting chicken cottage by roughly 20%, so after five beers chicken is inevitable.
Of course there was no doubt in our mind at the beginning of the evening that chicken would certainly play a part somewhere down the line. Drawn to the luminous logo like moths to a porch light, the Chicken Cottage beacon attracted drunks from all over the city.

We both ordered number 3's (2 bbq pieces, 2 regular pieces, french fries and drink) but had to wait roughly seven minutes for the 'food' to be cooked. It did however give me lots of valuable camera phone time, at which point I snapped a weird bearded dude. I'm always fascinated by the people around me as I wait for the food...wondering how many others there are like me.
Anyway we left the cottage, chicken in hand and made our way to West Kensington tube where we devoured the greasy, pale lumps of bird. The tube came and Ade had already finished so I grabbed my stuff quickly and in the rush I dropped my chicken on the floor of the train. Embarassed I put the rest of my food back in the bag and sat quietly, stinking of beer and chicken. I took the rest home and ate it in my room, on my own...in the dark. All in all, a successful visit.

The glowing beacon:
outside chicken cottage

Ade and the strange bearded man:


Chicken disaster:


Me attacking a bone:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home